On 12/7/05, Ed Ravin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 01:30:15PM +0100, J Paston wrote:
> > Afternoon,
> > I have a hosgroup with 20 hosts. One fails. How can the alert script
> > know which one failed? Thanks.
>
> The monitor script is supposed to send the name of the failing host
> as the first line of its output (the summary).  Please read over the
> mon man page - it covers how information is shared between monitors,
> mon, and alerts.
>
> Depending upon what you're doing, you might want to upgrade to the current
> mon 1.1 in CVS, since it has a couple of new features for caching of
> output from monitors.

Thanks for the tip. I can't see where it says this in the man page,
but now I know.

I've noticed that the -u switch is not being sent to the alert script
when a service becomes available again. I've confirmed this with the
test.alert script.

Using mon 1.27 from Debian Sarge.

here is the relevant part of mon.cf:
watch testservers
    service http
        interval 15s
        monitor http.monitor
        period wd {Sun-Sat}
            alert test.alert -p 80
            alertevery 45m
            upalert test.alert -p 80
            alertevery 45m

The alert script *is* being called, just not with the -u switch. Even
if I add it in mon.cf