Isidor Zeuner wrote:
> Dear MonetDB developers,
Dear Isidor,

MonetDB/SQL follows an optimistic concurrency control scheme.
One of the properties of OCC is that it does not lock the
database, except for validation of potential conflicts between
the r/w sets.
As such, it favors low update frequency.

There are no facilities to control, take control over this behavior.

If you aim for a (extreme) high update rates you could
consider a master/slave setup, where the master executes
the update in serial way. In most cases this is more efficient
as well.

Alternatively, a middleware layer can perform a coarse grain
locking scheme.

regards, Martin