On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:56:28AM +0100, Romulo Goncalves wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just updated my default branch and I restarted my mserver, i.e., it will
> use a old dbfarm.
> I get the following complain:
> !MALException:user.main[2497]:address of pattern vault.prelude missing

1)
Since the development version come with no guarantees, it's always a good
idea to test and upgraded version on a non-crucial easily recreatable or
backed-up database.

2)
This is IMHO not database related at all --- you could check this by
starting your mserver5 with a not yet existing database, e.g.,
`mserver5 --dbname=ThisIsAnewDB`

3)
Did you recompile from scratch with no legacy lying around, i.e., empty
build- & prefix-directories, and bootstrapping everything with the latest
buildtools?

> I hope you will not ask me to reload my databases :)

If they are crucial, you better have som kind of back-up (yes, even if they
are huge) or treat them with great care, i.e., let experimental code touch
them only once you're sure it does not harm them ...

Stefan

> Romulo

| Stefan.Manegold @ CWI.nl | DB Architectures (INS1) |
| http://CWI.nl/~manegold/ | Science Park 123 (L321) |
| Tel.: +31 (0)20 592-4212 | 1098 XG Amsterdam  (NL) |