On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:34 AM, Sjoerd Mullender <sjo...@acm.org> wrote:
> In addition to Fabian's remarks, all these paths in the (generated)
> Makefile.in files are prefixed with $(DESTDIR) (at least, this is the
> case on Fedora) which the build process is supposed to use for
> relocating the installation during a make install.

I have a Fedora 15 box, so I'll try using the MonetDB spec file with
the 'norootforbuild' keyword added and see if it throws an error... if
it builds successfully, then you guys are right, the OpenSUSE build
service is doing something funky. If it fails though then there's a
problem with $(DESTDIR)

By the way, just FYI I'm using the build service but I'm building for
CentOS 5 and RedHat 5 - you can target distributions other than SUSE
based ones using the build service. I had to modify the spec file and
change a couple of "BuildRequires" lines in the spec file, but other
than that it seems to get through the compile process OK, it's just
when it goes to copy files around later in the build process it fails.

--
Eric