On 2012-06-23 13:03, Max Kad wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've installed MonetDB yesterday on Ubuntu 11.10 and it seems working fine.
>
> I've 2 questions though:
>
> 1) I'm trying to install MonetDB ODBC driver for UnixODBC following the
> instructions at
> (http://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/Manuals/SQLreference/Programming/ODBC )
> but for some reason I can't find the Monet ODBC libMonetODBC.so or
>  libMonetODBCs.so driver.
>
> ( I found the following files: libmonetdb5.so.11, libmonetdb5.so.11.0.2
> but I'm not sure what they are for. )

Are you using the precompiled packages at
http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/deb/?  I recommend you do.  Then you
just need to
apt-get install libmonetdb-client-odbc

> 2) Are there similar Date functions available on MonetDB as the
> following MySQL functions:
> UNIX_TIMESTAMP(), DATE() ) or an epoch function.
> I couldn't find it on the following link.
> ( http://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/SQLreference/Temporal )

I don't know about unix_timestamp(), but you could use something like
select cast(current_timestamp() as date);
for the date() function.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Max

> Live Security Virtual Conference