Michael Guterl <mgut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Eric Wong <normalper...@yhbt.net> wrote:
> > Michael Guterl <mgut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> cd ~/public_html/rm/current
> >> unicorn_rails -D -E production -c config/unicorn.rb
> >>
> >> I determined the -c config/unicorn.rb was the problem.  If I change it to:
> >>
> >> unicorn_rails -D -E production -c
> >> ~/public_html/rm/current/config/unicorn.rb
> >>
> >> everything works fine.
> >
> > Hmm, maybe the config file path shouldn't be expanded then.  Especially
> > since it's only specified in the command-line.  /me ponders a bit...
> >

> I don't mean to hijack my own thread, but the problem seems to be
> closely related.  My application code is not being reloaded, when I
> send HUP to the unicorn master process.

Hi Michael,

Application code is only reloaded by HUP when your preload_app setting
is false.  Otherwise you have to use USR2 + QUIT to upgrade your entire
process.

This behavior is documented in the Configurator, but not in the SIGNALS
documented, I'll fix the SIGNALS document in a few and disable
expand_path in the launcher scripts.

--
Eric Wong