Hi David,

This is a very hard subject, as validating a memory model is an incredible
hard task.

Right now we provide loose semantics close to ecma backed by the
architecture
you're running. This means we do a very different thing in, say, X86 and
Itanium.

Having a consistent memory model is a very hard task that requires a huge
amount
code reviewing and testing. Right now, as you can see, we haven't done all
the
required work.

We still have work to do on the runtime itself (we have some racy code that
deal with memory in a hazardous way); and work on the JIT as well.

The JIT side is going to suffer a major change right after the 2.0 branch so
we are
not very inclined in spending much time chaising any possible corner case of
the
ecma memory model on the current one.

Anyway, if you get reproducible bugs please fill bug reports so we can work
on
improving mono.

Cheers,
Rodrigo