David B. Bitton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.codenoevil.com

Is IBM's MQ Series supported on Linux?
I think it is, but the problem is with the semantics.

System.Messaging is very tied to MSMQ, you can't even opt for another provider, like you do in ADO.NET and on J2EE JMS. That's why I started a Server Project.

However, I want to extend System.Messaging (in truth, the extensions are planned to go within a Mono.Messaging namespace) to allow for pluggable queueing services providers, but it may penalize performance, or bypass server features: for instance, IBM's now renamed WebSphere MQ, have encoding/codepage conversion of messages built-in.

Cheers,

Rafael Teixeira
Brazilian Polymath

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf