On Jul 21, 2011, at 11:52 AM, smatthews1...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am running the Mono Droid environment for the first time, with a licensed
> version. I am running the "Hello World" application.
>
> The app deploys and then I get an error on the device as follows...
> 07-21 11:14:33.159: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(22483): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
> 07-21 11:14:33.159: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(22483):
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library monodroid not found

Is the following message visible within `dab logcat` prior to that exception?

        ERROR: This version of MonoDroid will only run in the Android emulator.

If so, cleaning, rebuilding, and re-deploying your project should fix the issue.

If that isn't the case, are you specifying in Project Properties that only the
armeabi-v7a libraries are to be deployed? If you're doing so, it's possible
that your target device doesn't support armeabi-v7a (e.g. it's an original G1
phone).

Finally, you can unzip the .apk that you're installing (replace .apk with .zip
if necessary). Is there a lib\armeabi\libmonodroid.so file within the .apk?

Thanks,
 - Jon