Hi all,

I hope I'm not going to start a flamewar or appear as too domineering (which I
know has been an ongoing problem with me) but I'd like to make the proposal in
the subject:

{{{
Let's start referring to Moose as "the modern Perl 5 Object System" instead of
"the post-modern Perl 5 Object System".
}}}

The reason is that "post-modern" tends to have very bad connotations in art
and philosophy, outside the narrow context of Larry Wall's presentation "Perl,
the first post-modern language", which even many Perl programmers are not
familiar with, and may give people who are first introduced to the topic the
wrong idea. On the other hand saying that Moose is a *modern* Object System
will normally immediately give people the right idea.

I know that it's cute to call Moose the "post-modern OOP system" but it may
either make people wonder what the hell we mean, or may even give the wrong
impression, so I suggest we drop it.

I don't mind working on the patch to the site and to Moose.pm to change all
"post-modern"'s to "modern"'s, but I'd like to know it would be accepted
first.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

P.S: of course, it could be much worse - Moose could have been called "Moose,
the new age Perl 5 object system". ;-) (Though, for the record, I like a lot
of new age music.)