I have further isolated it to this bit of code inside Element:
var hasCloneBug = (function(test){
  test.innerHTML = '<object><param name="should_fix" value="the
unknown"></object>';
  return test.cloneNode(true).firstChild.childNodes.length != 1;
})(document.createElement('div'));

When that is present the error appears in the browser. Is this a critical
piece of code? Is there an alternative? Its nested inside of a <ltIE9>
block which makes me think its there for IE8...

Thanks,
Michael

--

---