At a Fourth of July celebration in 1985 (I believe that was the year) in
Palos Verdes, CA, Jimmy Stewart and Frank Capra were scheduled to appear.
At the time, I already had a Rear Window insert...and went up to Hollywood
and  bought a You Can't Take It With You lobby card for the occasion, hoping
to have  both Stewart and Capra sign it.  Unfortunately, Mr. Capra's wife was
sick  and he couldn't be there...so I ended up having Jimmy Stewart sign
both pieces  (I still have the Rear Window insert).  What I remember most
about Jimmy  Stewart was how incredibly tall (and old) he seemed.  I was quite
nervous,  fumbling around with the special pen I'd brought with me, dropping
it a couple  of times. He merely signed his name in the poster's background.
 Hey,  I really don't care if his autograph affects to value of the insert
one way or  the other.
The fact is...I actually met Jimmy Stewart and talked with  him for a
minute or two.  I suppose his autograph
is proof of what happened on that Fourth of July, but the thrill of meeting
 him means more to me than whatever value the poster might have.  It's the
only poster I've ever had autographed. But this was Jimmy  Stewart!  Truly
a memorable moment....didn't cost me anything  except a bad case of nerves...
                                                                        Rick

In a message dated 2/21/2012 4:28:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
sa...@comic-art.com writes:

>  imagine anything signed by Chandler would be very  desirable, (Rich
> would know better, is that a holy  grail?).

drool.......

Send a message addressed to:  lists...@listserv.american.edu
In  the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L

The author of this message is solely  responsible for its content.