Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 04:49:10 -0500
From: brucehershen...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MOPO] ebay security
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Now that eBay sees they can't sweep this under the table and forget it, they
have taken a REALLY weird action!

They
 recognize that many auctions were affected by bidders who forgot to
change their passwords on snipe programs, and they have announced that
any seller can cancel auction transactions for an 11-day period!

Of
 course, this will infuriate the high bidders on those items, who
rightfully won, and now are having those items taken away from them (it
is up to the seller to decide, and of course they will cancel any result
 they deem too low, regardless of whether there were any missed bids at
all).

While this may gain eBay some good feeling from auction
sellers, it will likely be more than offset from bad feelings from
auction bidders, but I suspect the main reason for this is to protect
themselves from seller lawsuits.

Read more about it here:
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/5/1401148464.html

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Bruce Hershenson <brucehershen...@gmail.com>