People with long memories know that I had a rep as a DAILY sh*t-stirrer,
chasing bad behavior (including my own), esp. when it came to dishing out harsh
words about everything from insider-bidding to minty whites to the "alleged
destruction" of duplicate Outlaw six-sheets and what not.  I think I joined
this group in mid-1996 - and it was a Brooklyn born San Diego dealer named Herb
Ross of Cinemagic who coaxed me to join given my wild-ass musings about movies
first and posters second.  (I don't know where Herb is today, lost touch, but
what a character; I remember he later told me that he regretted that I joined -
because during the 90s through the early 2000s - I tended to "blow up things
and "cause trouble" among dealers giving me the stink eye.)  I've made peace
with 99 7/8ths of them since.   Got no choice, I don't want anyone hating or
wanting me to go to hell now that there are fewer years ahead than behind me.)

I used to save ALL of my missives to and from MoPo - until around 2012 or so
after I started caring for my late Dad - as I think I did a major purge, my
muckraking years officially over.  I found a few notes I held onto, including
the little bit of nonsense below, of which there had to be at least 4-5
DIFFERENT VERSIONS, some more comprehensive than others.  Why I kept this and
not the others is likely random - and the names referenced were a reflection of
my changin impressions of each as I saw them each year.  I'm guessing this is
at least from the mid-2000s and I likely dumped the other versions which
included names of people who outright tangled with me in public with whom I'm
peachy-keen now, at least from my end, maybe it's just a one-way street.

(I looked everywhere for the ones involving my fights with A. Rawls and I'm
sure they're some place.)  I DID keep my personal exchanges with the late great
Adrian Cowdry, who I still miss terribly.  At any rate, some might be offended
by what's below but trust me - I've no doubt that these used to be a LOT WORSE.
I'm actually quite pleased that the version I kept was pretty tame.  Enjoy -
(or not)! - d.

==========

Movie Poster Channel Lineup for this Sunday:

"CITIZEN TAYLOR" -- An American Experience documentary -- the epic, life-long
saga about one man's passion to seize and conquer every known Best Picture
poster, completing his quest in 2007 -- only to shake the collecting world by
putting them all up for sale a few months later.   Narrated by David
McCullough.  [TV-G]

"BRUCE ALMIGHTY" -- Starring Bruce Hershenson, rumored to walk on water after
his remarkable recovery from heart surgery.  Tonight, cameras explore his vast
following despite occasional mutterings about a "vast lunatic fringe
conspiracy" against him.  Revisit the beginnings of his titanic decision to
open a rebel "Millennium Falcon"-like poster sales site to combat incursions by
eBay's Evil Empire - along with skeptics who openly predicted he would fail.
[TV-G]

"THE THIRD MAN REDUX" -- Host Philipp Kainbach takes viewers on a tour of
locations seen in his favorite movie, Carol Reed's, "The Third Man" -- filmed
in his beloved city of Vienna.  Highlight:  Phillipp will play the theme to
"The Third Man" on a zither he purchased from a flea market near his home.
Presented in DTS sound where available.  [TV-G]

"DR. HEIM, MEDICINE WOMAN" -- Sue Heim, a hyper-intellectual speaker with
advanced degrees, chucks her scientific career and becomes the nation's most
acclaimed poster framing artisan.  A constant source of remedies which "really
work," she becomes a nemesis for competing framers after she accepts questions
and offers her sage advice for FREE.  Jointly sponsored by the Metropolitan
Museum of Art, Viacom-Paramount, Time-Warner-Warner Bros., Sony-Columbia and
MCA-Universal.  [TV-G]

"RAIDERS OF THE LOST CAUSE" -- Starring "Michael B," maniacal lover of
shredded, beat-up and discolored posters "steeped with character."  Tonight's
episode follows his band of rebels standing on street corners, passing out
leaflets calling for a "scorched earth" policy against poster restorers
employed by the Museum of Modern Art in New York.  [TV-14]

"ICONIC IMAGE" -- Host David Lieberman walks audiences through a collection of
posters -- which he anoints as titles that can go "a long time without one of
them coming up for sale."  Tonight, he defends his signature marketing line
about his posters, i.e., "you'll have trouble finding (posters like mine in)
nicer condition." Also:  Actor Nicholas Cage stops by to inspect the latest in
Dave's inventory. [TV-G]

"WE'RE NOT CHARLATANS" -- Hosted by two men wearing masks from a studio in in
Rochester, New York.  Tonight's episode:  A "famed professor" provides an
exhaustive defense of minty white inserts.  Also defending the professor will
be author James Frey, who admitted his "non-fiction" bestseller, "A Million
Little Pieces," was all made up. [TV-MA]

"WITHERING HEIGHTS" -- Concert Encore:  Inspired by Lenny Bruce, George Carlin,
Steve Martin, Robin Williams, Mel Brooks, Woody Allen, Jerry Seinfeld, Andrew
Dice Clay, Sam Kinison and Gilbert Gottfried -- Freeman Fisher and Bob Brooks
observe and eviscerate the world of movie poster collecting -- in a stand-up
comedy extravaganza taped at Carnegie Hall on Feb. 14, 2004. [TV-MA]

"WORDS & MUSIC" -- Sponsored by the George Lucas School of Film at USC,
musician Greg Douglass hosts a 90-minute tour of the history of music in
cinema, playing excerpts on stage at the Hollywood Bowl.  Taped December 1,
2005.  (NOTE:  Course credit available for 500-level graduate students; please
contact the dean's office.)

"THE BIG-EASY, 2008" -- "Part 2 - The Return."  Host Dick Cavitt interviews
Joseph Bonelli in this 3-part series exploring the poster collector Bonelli's
miraculous escape from Hurricane Katrina -- and his poignant return to the city
where jazz was born.  [TV-G]

"JEKYLL & HYDE, JURIS DOCTORATE" -- Starring Claude Litton, terse and
tough-minded lawyer who speaks brutal truths in short bursts by day -- but
transforms into elegant and gracious tea-serving host for poster collectors by
night.  Tonight's special:  Earl Grey Tea.  [TV-14]

"RECOMMENDED!" -- Host Kirby McDaniel offers a list of films to see, offering
only a single explanatory sentence for each. [TV-G]

"PICARESQUE" -- Starring Tom Martin as himself in this critically acclaimed
series where he regales audiences with exhilarating and amusing stories and
observations about every realm of the human condition.  Shot on location at the
Pantages Theater in Los Angeles.  [TV-14]

"LOST IN TRANSLATION" -- Starring David Kusumoto, émigré from Japan, whose
book-length writings in English are puzzlingly transformed to Greek, hence
reaching an audience of only one.  Tonight's episode, "Torturing MoPo'ers:  the
Quickening." [TV-14]

"HOLLYWOOD BABYLON" -- Actress Toochis Moorin takes viewers on a tour of
historic landmarks in the entertainment world -- and discusses her starring
role in director Ridley Scott's next feature film.  [TV-G]

"AMBULANCE CHASER, MEXICO CITY" -- Starring Rod Morgan, controversial exporter
of Mexican memorabilia -- whose mission is to move material within 24-hours
after the death of any celebrity.  Tonight's episode:  After scanning the day's
obituaries for "leads," he stomps on the grave of Charlton Heston and proclaims
his hatred of guns.  Yet curiously, he secretly carries a .357 Magnum "just in
case." [TV-MA]

"AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, THE MUSICAL" -- Updated remake of the 1950s sci-fi
classic with songs!  Directed by "Evan," featuring musical performances by
famed Peruvian singer, Yma Sumac.  [TV-14]

"WTF?" -- Host James Lipton interviews Scott Burns, owner of the Movie Poster
Discussion Group, about the history of literary sectarian violence, 1995 to
present.  Featured:  a discussion of beloved and notorious figures who have
dominated his pages, with highlights and low-lights noted accordingly.  [TV-MA]