also Mopo I've learned much of my way of doing business from fellow mow powers by Bruce Hershenson and many of the former members because the long term dealers always have shared with me the inside of hard to find materials and sources to name a few John Kisch who published the poster price almanac years ago that was a beautiful publication and I was so broke he would allow me to do trade for posters as he collected black cinema posters and I also wrote several wonderful books about black cinema are called separate cinema John also what is the professional photographer for years with Rolling Stone magazine and head down all the packaging photos of Paul Reubens for pee-wee Herman toy packaging that's John's work if you see him in the box Pee-wee Herman toy John took all those pictures he also did some of the most famous models of the 80s kelly Emberg and others I believe he sold his collection of black cinema posters which was one of the best in the country to George Lucas archives for something like $8 million he was one of the most honest people and helped me when I took my son to New York City he got us into the Gramercy Park Hotel which is where the Beatles and John F. Kennedy stayed they were filming the movie addicted to love in the hotel while we were there and as we went up the stairs to our room they had all the lighting wires going next to our room it turns out Matthew Broderick walked out in front of us and said oh I'm sorry we're gonna be filming all night he and Meg Ryan we're doing the film and even the soundman and others invited us to watch is ever filming and the Director of the film was an actor who is in Scorsese film so it was very interesting time for my young son to be able to meet Matthew Broderick shake his hand in the whole experience was great thanks to John he's supposedly related to the Manischewitz wine company out of Cleveland and I believe he's Jewish so there's another one of my he is the one who told me years ago that I was now part of the movie poster mafia as many dealers would not sell to people unless they were accepted in the fold The best thing I can say about buying and selling please be honest with your dealer friends and your suppliers and your customers if you can't deliver the goods tell them fired advance and either refund her money or give them credit or be honest and say I can't deliver the goods right now if you're sick if you're broke it doesn't matter what honesty is the best p Some dealers will spread vicious rumors thinking they're protecting themselves from another dealers ability to serve customers better what I notice about good dealers like Jerry Ohlinger he never had a bad word to say about anybody the whole time I knew him and he would always offer help in describing items and also Bruce Hershenson would do the same as well as Rudy Franchi as well as Sue Heim, and other long-term dealers add and Sue poole are a great resource for history of posters and resources of other dealers you've learned real early in the business nobody has all the titles so it's good to have a network like Mopo to be put to put out the word what you're looking for as many people have little pockets of titles years ago there were only a few sources for wholesale of movie posters but now almost everybody can go on eBay and find titles the only problem is that some of them are not authentic or they are reproductions or smaller sizes or the infamous portal publications of classic posters and there were many other publishers of reproductions like I Ira Roberts, celestion posters, numerous others the emanated from Europe Italy Canada Germany , the Netherlands and numerous other European predators if you just enjoy a movie or enjoy the original artwork of a classic poster reproductions to me are fine and they have become collectible in their own right because so many of them are out of print or the printing vary in quality to be able to buy an original say Casablanca is quite expensive but there were three release posters and even when they did the video release the artwork by Dudash is stunning Still there is nothing like getting an original 1930s movie posters of a great title with punching art released when the movie came out
Tom
Hollywood dream factory®
since 1977

On 2024-03-15 20:33, Laura Miller wrote:
Thank you!

Laura Miller
lauraly...@aol.com

 On Thursday, March 14, 2024 at 11:46:30 PM CDT, Bruce Hershenson
<brucehershen...@gmail.com> wrote:

Definitely Yazoo Mills!

                 [2]
                Virus-free.www.avg.com [2]

On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 11:18 PM Laura Miller
<000002b00c344d41-dmarc-requ...@listserv.american.edu> wrote:

Hello, everyone. I'm wondering where you recommend I shop for sturdy
poster tubes at a good price. I don't want to buy hundreds at
once—maybe just dozens. Thanks!

Laura Miller
lauraly...@aol.com

[1]

--

Bruce Hershenson and the other 22 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874

 COMPLETE BUYER PROTECTION [5] - No time limit on our guarantees & NO
buyer beware
 HERSHENSON HELP HOTLINE [6] - Direct line to Bruce (our owner!) for
urgent problems
 Also, please read the following three pages of in-depth CUSTOMER
REVIEWS of our company - PAGE 1 [7], PAGE 2 [8], PAGE 3 [9], which
shows you in our customers' own words exactly what makes our company
and our auctions so very different from all others!

[10]

Links:
------
[1] https://listserv.american.edu/scripts/wa-american.exe?SUBED1=MoPo-L&amp;A=1
[2]
http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=link&amp;utm_campaign=sig-email&amp;utm_content=webmail
[3] http://www.emovieposter.com/
[4] http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html
[5]
http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20120625ad_emovieposter_no_buyer_beware_buyer_warranty.jpg
[6]
http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/20120906_mcw_ad_hershenson_help_hotline_forsite.jpg
[7] http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page1.jpg [8] http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page2.jpg [9] http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page3.jpg [10] https://listserv.american.edu/scripts/wa-american.exe?SUBED1=MoPo-L&A=1

----