-------- Original Message --------
Subject: MorphoJ updates
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 09:39:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Klingenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: morphmet@morphometrics.org

Dear morphometricians

I have just posted an update of the MorphoJ software, version 1.00e, on
the web page http://www.flywings.org.uk/MorphoJ_page.htm

Version 1.00d was posted a while ago. It included an improved version of
the algorithm used to guess the paired and unpaired landmarks for
landmark configurations with object symmetry. The revised algorithm
makes better use of the available information and should therefore
require less manual intervention by the user as part of the procedure
for the Procrustes fit, even if the configuration is round overall and
has many, densely spaced landmarks (e.g. human skulls). Thanks to Andrea
Cardini for pointing out the problem.

Version 1.00e contains a few bug fixes (e.g. keeping track correctly of
the wireframes and outline drawings in PLS analyses with two landmark
configurations; renaming data matrices).
But above all, the new version adds the option of running a pooled
within-group version of two-block PLS analysis. If there are multiple
groups (e.g. species) in a study, this option allows to do a PLS
analysis of the covariation between the deviations from the group
averages in the two blocks of variables.
Thanks to Nandini Singh for alerting me to the problems and convincing
me that the new PLS option should be included.

Best wishes,
Chris

Christian Peter Klingenberg
Faculty of Life Sciences