-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Beginner's choice: R or MatLab ?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:50:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Matthew Burton-Kelly <matthew.burtonke...@gmail.com>
To: morphmet@morphometrics.org

Considering I've never used Matlab, I have little to contribute to
that particular question.  Using R, however, has highlighted some
particular weaknesses in my understanding of mathematics and
statistics, so I think it has helped me get ahold of theory a little
better because you have to think everything out first.

I like R because it is open-source and because it has a programming-
like interface, but having never taken a modern programming course,
some of the data types completely baffle me, so I end up doing things
the long way round.

Matt