Dear Anderson,

It has nothing to do with the scale of your data (or least not directly).

As you can see, you actually performed those two digitization attempts
differently. It is maybe 1-2 pixels off, but in a very consistent way (greens
are from one scale, red is the other scale, and cross is the consensus shape).
This type of systematic error commonly occur in digitization process, as one
learns better or alters the way landmarks are digitized/defined along the
process. In your case, perhaps higher resolution image gave a better definition
(imaging sense) of landmarks, so you captured them very slightly differently
than low-res image (but in a very consistent way).

If you are concerned, the first step perhaps is to do the same thing (i.e.
digitization of same sample with different magnifications several times) with
several real specimens and get a sense of the magnitude of this error in
context of the biological variation. Then perhaps you can decide, whether you
can actually combine digitization’s from different magnification levels. There
is quite a bit of literature on this,  you can start with a recent review.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27038025

Is there a reason you are not using a single magnification level for all your
samples?