Hi Helmi,

I would concur with Murat. There aren't any satisfying options for 3D data.
The 3D landmarks from one or more angles for each extremity is really your
only option for publications. As for your final question, yes you can
output LM 'warps' for CVA, regression, or pretty much any ordination you
want, but your options on software that can do it are limited. Stephan
Schlager's R packages are a good start as Murat already suggested and I'm
happy to help work through some approaches in R if you want to shoot me an
email.

Cheers,
-Blake

Blake Dickson