Hello,

I have a dataset of 29 skulls in an ontogenetic series from small juvenilles to
large adults. As expected, there are drastic shape changes across the entire
skull through ontogeny, but what I'd like to do is compare relative shape
change between different skull elements within the dataset, eg maxilla vs.
premaxilla.

I am using the same size measurement for each specimen (log centroid size of
whole skull). The comparison will be between either the predicted shape or CAC
values of each element and the specimens' log centroid size. Is this as simple
as comparing the slope of the allometric trajectories of each element or is it
not possible to meaningfully compare non-homologous elements in this way?

I hope this explanation makes sense!

Thanks in advance,

Andy