Charles,

There are several ways to do what you wish within geomorph.  First, the
plotTangentSpace function does allow one to specify which axes are plotted.
This can be useful for obtaining shape deformations along the extremes of axes
other than PC1 and PC2.

A more flexible option is to use the function shape.predictor. Here, one
provides scores, say for a given PC or a regression, and can obtain predicted
shapes based on them. The help file provides example usage for this, and many
other  applications (e.g., obtain shape deformations for mean shapes, predicted
shapes, etc.).

Finally, I will also mention that we are about to release a new version of
geomorph which will include capabilities to select locations in statistical
plots, which will allow shape visualization of those locations in real time.  I
will post more on this in the near future.

Hope this helps,

Dean

Dr. Dean C. Adams
Director of Graduate Education, EEB Program
Professor
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology
Iowa State University
https://www.eeob.iastate.edu/faculty/adams/