I want to compare skull morphology using geometric morphometrics from several
species with different diets in a same genus. But I don't know much about how
to analyze these shape data. What statistical analysis can I do? I know that
principal component analysis can be done to visualize shape variations. So can
I use the original coordinate data? Do I need to remove the effects of size and
phylogenetic relationships to do principal component analysis? If so, do I use
PGLS to do the regression of shape and size, and then use the obtained residual
as the principal component analysis? In addition to this analysis, what other
aspects can I do? Looking forward to reply.Thanks very much!