I'd like to take a moment and remind everyone that Mosaic is a very large
list - over 2000 people. We've had a number of things happen recently so I
thought it a good time to review some basic list etiquette.

1. CONTACT THE PERSON NOT THE ENTIRE LIST
When having a side conversation or request for materials don't send out a
message to over 2000 people. Contact the INDIVIDUAL. This also applies to
thank-you's, "me too", "I agree", and other personal questions/requests. The
individual's email address is in the email header - contact the individual
off-list.

***If you have material to share and would like to have it posted on the
Mosaic website, please contact me off-list and I will work with you to post
the resources on the website.

2. DELETE OR EDIT PREVIOUS CONTENT
"Think Green" with your words! When replying, please DELETE all of previous
post OR EDIT previous post to a bare minimum of words that relate to your
reply. We also have messages rejected by the server because they are so
long. Mostly this is a problem for people who read the digest. They have to
scroll through pages and pages of quoted material.

3. No Subject or "Mosaic Digest" Subject
We've all send messages without subjects. If you are replying to a "no
subject" or generic "digest" subject, please change the subject to fit the
content of the message. The same is true when a thread changes from one
topic to another topic. Please make sure the subject relates to the content.

Thanks to everyone for continued cooperation in list etiquette.

Keith Mack
Web Administrator
km...@literacyworkshop.org
http://www.literacyworkshop.org