Ginger sent me information that Mosaic member Maureen Robins' book "The
Pressures of Teaching" is available for a limited time at no charge. This
eBook format is only for portable devices such as Kindle, iPhone/Pad, Sony
eReader, and Nook. My understanding is that there is not a "stand alone"
format for computers (i.e. PDF).

At this time it seems that there are a number of "free" books available to
people with newer eBook devices. This appears to be a "limited time"
opportunity, but it may be that vendors rotate "free books" to generate
interest in their particular format.

My disclaimer is that I don't have a device and can't answer any device
questions. But I'm' sure we have an expert or two in our midst that might be
willing to answer questions that members might post on this thread.

It appears to me that you would likely need to enter information at some
point to get a free book. This can be a simple registration (like most
already have at Amazon) or an entry into a contest, etc. For those of you
with the new eBook devices, the whole thing might be seamless.

So, here are some links (you may have to search "Maureen Robbins" or "The
Pressures of Teaching" or any other key words for books you want):

Kaplan (all formats): http://www.FreeKaplaneBooks.com
Barnes & Noble (Nook format): http://tinyurl.com/4skyqa7
Amazon (Kindle format) http://tinyurl.com/4nppkzd

Thanks,