I'd like to post a couple reminders as the list gears up for more action
during the school year.

ONLY SEND TO LIST
Mosaic list will not accept messages that include any other recipients. This
is done to avoid spurious messages from hacked email account.  So do NOT
send message that have additional people or groups in "To" or "Cc" fields.
Messages with additional recipients are held by the server and will be
rejected . Rejected messages will say something like: "Please trim the
recipient list..". Please remember send list messages *only* to the Mosaic
list. There cannot be another person included anywhere.

DELAYS DUE TO THROTTLING
In order to stay under the radar from ISP spam watchers, I have imposed a
10,000 messages per hour limit on this list (3-4 posts per hour). In really
active times messages may take several hours to post. Please *do not ever
resend messages* as this will only add to the wait time.

USE PLAIN TEXT
The list is set up to only allow plain text. Emails sent in HTML will be
stripped of all formatting and posted as "text only". Quite often member
messages are rejected by our sever due to excessive HTML. If you want your
voice to be heard use TEXT. Most email clients have a pull down menu that
allows you to change between text and HTML format.

TRIM MESSAGES
A constant problem for our list is quoted material on messages. As a matter
of professional courtesy,  please trim your replies to include only
essential information from previous posts. Usually this can be just a few
words. This saves valuable server resources and also is of extreme help to
our hundreds of member professionals getting the digest version.

PROFESSIONAL ETIQUETTE FOR REPLYING TO LIST MESSAGES
See: http://www.mail-archive.com/mosaic@literacyworkshop.org/msg01817.html

LIST FOCUS
The Mosaic List was founded with an emphasis on reading and literacy
instruction (see: http://www.readinglady.com/mosaic). This is not something
that we take lightly. From time to time you will see temporary bird walks
into other educational areas. These are allowed as long as they are brief.
Any time posts and threads delve into politics, religion, personal affronts,
or other personal areas, they will be asked to cease or move to another
forum. This list is *not* moderated unless there's a need.

PRIVACY
The Mosaic List archive is public. Things posted on the list can be accessed
by the public including your school staff and your parents. So please keep
this in mind. Once a message is posted it cannot be recalled. The Mosaic
membership list is always confidential and is not shared to sold to anyone.

I'd like to wish everyone a successful and fulfilling school year. If you
need help with your membership or have questions, please direct them to me
and not the entire list.

Thanks,

Keith Mack
Web Administrator for Mosaic List