Lit circles are good. I do think some kids can handle several books at once
however. Part of building vocab requires readers to read and read and read.
Voracious reading as it is called. Common Core promotes lots of reading as
well. I do not like to stifle a students desire to read either. Some students
can get books confused with each other however. Some students can better handle
it than others. The skill of being able to handle reading and thinking through
multiple texts is a skill students need to develop to be successful in high
school and college.

Troy Fredde