Just wanted to let everyone know that I decided to put the list on emergency
moderation due to a number of messages sent by members regarding opt in or
opt out or other membership things.

First, I'm not sure that this message was sent by our server as it doesn't
look like anything I've seen.

Secondly, when we send out messages about membership this comes from the
"owner" and not the entire listserv.

If there is a reason for a membership to be removed, out system sends out a
number of warnings. These will come from "mosaic owner" and not
mosaic@literacyworkshop.org. So please resist the urge to reply to these
messages at this time.

I regret that somehow we've been caught up in this spoof and that I had to
take action. If you ever have a need to modify your membership, just contact
me. This was true 5 years ago and is still true now.

As we work through this temporary issue, please be patient and expect some
delays in getting your valued messages posted .

Thanks,

Keith Mack
Web Administrator for Mosaic List
km...@literacyworkshop.org