This evening I found a pair of Red-throated Loons on Little Rock Lake in
Benton County.  With my scope I was initially a bit unsure of the
identification, but I called Phil Chu and he was able to come out and
confirm that they were indeed Red-throated Loons.  When we left at dark,
the birds were still there.

The birds were seen from Benton Beach County Park on the north end of
the lake.  To get there, take Hwy 10 north from St. Cloud to the town of
Rice (about 11 miles, I think).  At the stop lights, take a right, and
then immediately take another right onto Benton CR 2.  Go about 2.5
miles and turn right into the park.  Follow the road straight in to the
point which has a boat access.  The loons were seen associating with
Common Loons (providing some nice comparisons) to the southwest of the
point.

Herb Dingmann
St. Cloud