The 5th Annual Great Minnesota River Birding Day is only one month away.
It is shaping up to be the best we have had so far which is saying a lot
since last year we had over 120 participants, including 8 Japanese
birders from the Osaka Wild Bird Society.  Those participants identified
179 species, an amazing 104 species in Faribault County alone.  Please
join us on Saturday, September 18th for this event.  We especially need
birders for the more remote areas of the Minnesota River Valley
Watershed like Pope, Stevens, Big Stone, Swift, Chippewa, Lac Qui Parle
and Yellow Medicine Counties.  You can bird individually or in teams and
as much or as little as you want that day.
There will be rallies at the Ney Center in Henderson from 2-4PM and at
Memorial Park in Shakopee from 2:30-8:00PM.  The rally in Shakopee is
being held in partnership with The Friends of the Minnesota Valley and
it is their 2nd Annual Grassroots Gathering.  All of this is free and
open to the public.  If you plan to bird with us that day, please
contact Bob Williams at bxwilli...@cbburnet.com or at 612-728-2232.
Attendance at the rallies is optional, but please send your species
lists for that day to Bob to be added to the final compilation.  Results
will be posted at the website of the Minnesota River Valley Birding
Trail(www.birdingtrail.org).  Help us celebrate the Minnesota River
Valley, one of our state's great natural resources, by doing what we all
enjoy!