------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C6A5F1.F5E6E8D0

I was pleased to find a pair of flickers on a tree at Westwood Hills =
Nature Center (St. Louis Park, Hennepin Co.) However, I saw the duo =
swaying their heads from side-to-side less than a foot away from each =
other while uttering their "close contact" calls. Is this just a mere =
greeting or is it a mating pair display? Has anyone else witnessed this?
    Yellowthroats are very numerous, as well as the Marsh Wrens. I heard =
a single Swamp Sparrow, as well as the E. Wood-Pewee. The G-C =
Flycatchers that were nesting near the building fledged last week as I =
enjoyed watching the parents feed their young from a yard away. I also =
saw a female R-B Woodpecker checking out a drilled-through branch. Good =
birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C6A5F1.F5E6E8D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was pleased to find a pair of =
flickers on=20
a&nbsp;tree at Westwood Hills Nature Center (St. Louis Park, Hennepin =
Co.)=20
However, I saw the duo swaying their heads from side-to-side less than a =
foot=20
away from each other while uttering their "close contact" calls. Is this =

just&nbsp;a mere greeting or is it a mating pair display? Has anyone=20
else&nbsp;witnessed this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Yellowthroats are =
very numerous,=20
as well as the Marsh Wrens. I heard a single Swamp Sparrow, as well as =
the E.=20
Wood-Pewee. The G-C Flycatchers that were nesting near the building =
fledged last=20
week as I enjoyed watching the parents feed their young from a yard =
away. I also=20
saw a female R-B Woodpecker checking out a drilled-through branch. Good=20
birding!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alyssa DeRubeis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Golden Valley, Hennepin=20
Co.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C6A5F1.F5E6E8D0--