Today, Saturday, 23 participants enjoyed a fine day of birding around
Frontenac, mostly at Hok-si-lah park and on Sand Point.  I counted a total of
76 species, although other species seen by participants were not listed.  We
had 16 warbler species.   Almost all the warblers we saw were Yellow-rumps.
With the exception of the Black and White Warblers and No. Waterthrush, all
othe warblers were of one or two birds.   Most notible miss: Bluebirds.

The weather was cool, but dry.  The morning was quite windy.  Bird activity was
slow.  Most of the time it was quite quiet.  My highlights included a Blue-gray
Gnatchatcher finishing out a beautiful camophloged nest, the same color as the
bark of the tree.  We also found a brown Creeper building a nest under some
peeling bark right by the trail (a county first record).

Bird List:
Am Wht. Pelican
DC Cormorant
Gr. Blue Heron
Greeen Heron
Canada Goose (on Frontenac Lake)
Mallard
BW Teal
Wood Duck
Red Breasted Merganser
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle (on nest)
Coopers Hawk
Peregrin Flacon
Willet
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Bonepartes Gull
Fosters Tern
Caspian Tern
Rock Pigeon
Conomon Nigthawk
Chimney Swift
B. Kingfisher
N. Flicker
YB Sapsucker
Downy  WP
Hairy WP
Red-bellied WP
Least Flycatcher
Great-creasted FC
E. Phoebe
Purple Martin
Barn, Cliff, Rough-winged, & Tree Swallows
Crow
Blue Jay
Chickadee
WB Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
House Wren
Robin
Swainson;s thrush
Warbling Vireo
Blue-winged W
(Golden-wing W) seen by others in group
Tennessee W
Nashville W
Yellow W,
Chestnut-sided W
Yellow-rumped W
Blackburnian W (male seen only by me)
Prothonotory W (seen only by me)
Palm W
Blackpoll W
Black & White W
Redstart (heard)
Ovenbird
N. Waterthrush
C. Yellowthroat
(Scarlet Tanager) seen by others not me.
Chipping Sp
Field Sp
Song Sp
White Throated Sp