Dave Bartkey and I checked Cannon Lake first. We had a nice
Greetings:

Dave Bartkey and I checked Cannon Lake first. We had a nice closeup look at a
Horned Grebe.

Thee were many Ruddy Ducks, probaby over 175. Dave had hopes for  scoter but it
didn't pan out to be that species. We moved to eastern Rice County looking for
an Eurasian Collared Dove.  We saw/counted more thn 250 American Robins
migrating. Cedar Waxwings were seen in many locations, numbering more than
100.  A  stop at  Nerstrand Woods State Park and were told that a Northern
Shrike had been seen in the park that day.  We drove through the campgrounds
looking for a Redheaded  Woodpecker. Dave spotted an adudlt Red Headed
Woodpecker on the side of a tree, about 20 feet up from the ground. .He spotted
a second adult flying over the top of the trees. On our way out of the
campgrounds, Dave spotted a juvenile in the treetops.  A drive through the
streets of  Nerstrand failed to produce an Eurasian Collared Dove.

  Forest Strnad