After a summer bird desert of Cooper's Hawks nesting nearby and their young practicing on anything else that flies and then an elbow strain that prevented me from working my feeders, things are thriving in Maple Grove this morning. I finally cleaned and refilled my feeders and about a week later (today) the birds are back in abundance.

12 Mourning Doves bathing and sunning
14 Cedar Waxwings bathing
Beaucoup goldfinches feeding
A rare House Sparrow pair feeding
1 Pileated Woodpecker checking out the commotion
1 Hairy Woodpecker suet feeding
1 Downy Woodpecker feeding
Gang of Robins getting the final crabapples and bathing
2 White-breasted Nuthatches feeding
1 very red House Finch feeding
5 male Cardinals feeding
3 rare Sturnus vulgaris (starling in amazing speckle) bathing
and 1 Cooper's Hawk who misses a lot.

Thomas Maiello
Angel Environmental Management, Inc.
Maple Grove, MN