For those interested, Kevin and I have updated our photo website again.
Since last notifying you, we have traveled to southern Texas (again!),
Nebraska, and South Dakota.

In Texas we returned, for a second time, to the Martin Refuge.  Again, we
would highly recommend going there to photograph or just observe birds.
They have numerous blinds with some built half in to the ground so that you
are observing/photographing at eye level.  One of their blinds is a raptor
station where Crested Caracara, Harris's Hawk and Greater Roadrunner come.
They also have an outstanding Bird Guide, Patty Raney who will answer all
your questions and make sure your visit is rewarding.  Visit their website
at www.martinrefuge.com.

In mid-April we returned to Mitch and Patty Glidden's Sandhills Motel in
Mullen, Nebraska to photograph the courtship display of Greater Prairie
Chickens and Sharp-tailed Grouse from blinds.  We highly recommend this
experience too.  Mitch spends a lot of time figuring out just where the
birds are going to be each season and sets up the blinds accordingly.  He
does an excellent job!  Visit his website at www.grassland.dance.

We also have photos from Sax-Zim Bog and from around our own home.

This year we have two Robins, an Eastern Phoebe, and Eastern Bluebirds
nesting in our yard.  We are hoping to get a Hummingbird nest this year!

Here are the birds found in our newest photos:

Northern Mockingbird

Curve-billed Thrasher

Red-winged Blackbird

Common Pauraque

Buff-bellied Hummingbird

Swainson's Hawk

Ring-necked Pheasant

Western Meadowlark

Greater Prairie Chicken

Sharp-tailed Grouse

Great Horned Owl

Crested Caracara

Harris's Hawk

Plain Chachalaca

Greater Roadrunner (this bird camped with us!  He was so much fun.)

Great-tailed Grackle

Black-bellied Whistling Duck

Mallard x Black Duck Hybrid

Mottled Duck

Cinnamon Teal

Black-necked Stilt

American Avocet

Solitary Sandpiper

Black-throated Sparrow

Green Jay

Northern Cardinal

Pyrrhuloxia

Clay-colored Sparrow

Cassin's Sparrow

Olive Sparrow

Vermillion Flycatcher

Audubon's Oriole

Green-tailed Towhee

Golden-fronted Woodpecker

Common Ground Dove

Northern Bobwhite

Blue Jay

Dark-eyed Junco

House Sparrow

Common Redpoll

Pine Siskin

Boreal Chicadee

Grey Jay

Pine Grosbeak

Any problems with the website, please let us know.  Any comments or
suggestions, we'd love to hear from you!

ENJOY

Linda and Kevin Krueger

www.FlightOfNature.com