Around 12:30 – 1:30 pm today, I watched in amazement as wave after
wave of geese flew high overhead in huge lines and V-formations,
generally heading in a northwest direction.  I started in Hastings and
then stopped at Grey Cloud Island, while the geese just kept on
coming.  Most groups were 100 – 200 birds, with some being over
1,000.  I estimate I saw over 10,000 geese.  They were so high that,
except for an occasional white phase snow goose, I wasn’t sure how
many were Canadas and how many were greater white-fronted.  Some
of the white-fronted flew low enough to hear their high-pitched calls
and see their orange legs.