With respect to the question as to whether that Black-bellied Plover was
moving south or north, you can see an occurrence graph for each species in
the state at
http://moumn.org/amcharts/migrate.php
Simply select the species of interest and which data you want to include the
occurrence map will be generated.  Doing so for Black-bellied Plover
suggests that a late June date is still a northbound migrant - though, of
course, we don't really know what it's doing unless we were to track it over
a few days.  Southbound migrants seem to show up in late July at the
earliest.

A few years back Karl Bardon published a terrific article in The Loon on
shorebird migration (The Loon 74:65-82).  One of the key questions he
addressed was whether those June or July shorebirds were (in all likelihood)
moving north or south.  My recollection is that he also found that BBPLs,
which tend to be late spring migrants, were still northbound through all of
June - though some shorebirds are certainly already on their way back south
by now.

Paul

Paul Budde
Minneapolis, MN