We plan on “changing up” our annual membership picnic for our 50th
Anniversary. Join us on June 22nd at the Minnesota River Valley Refuge.
Here is the agenda:

* At 5:30pm MRVAC will sponsor a guided bird-walk

* At 6:15pm we will have our annual pot-luck dinner. Please bring something
to share, MRVAC will be supply drinks and cake.

* At 7:00pm we will move to the auditorium for the evening’s presentation
by Neil Wingert. Neil’s around-the-world birding trip garnered many
pictures and stories; he has agreed to share some of the best ones with us.

 *A Global Big Year*

Neil Wingert promised his wife they would go south and west for the winter
after he retired at the end of 2015. They both got more than he had
imagined.   Neil will present photos and highlights from his 2016 Big Year
which found him in 9 countries: New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, Turkey,
Germany, Spain, Bolivia, Ecuador and the USA. If you can’t attend this
program, all his sightings and photos were entered into eBird.

It should be a fun evening. Please come, and bring family and friends.

*Where:* Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center 3815
American Blvd E, Bloomington. Enter through the staff door in the middle of
the building. From Hwy 494 to 34th Ave – S to American Blvd; turn left and
go 2 blocks. Center will be on your right. Also accessible via the Hiawatha
Light Rail line; exit at the American Blvd. stop.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swest...@comcast.net