Adding to what Pam Perry just posted, Steve was in his 90s and had been dealing
with health issues for several months. The Blaniches been an institution in
Minnesota birding since the early 1970s, with their many observations in Crow
Wing and Aitkin counties, and as mentors to Terry Savaloja and Warren Nelson
who are both now deceased.

I thank Butch Ukura who had been keeping me and others informed of Steve's
condition and who called this morning with the news of Steve's death. And it
was through Butch that Steve and Diane Millard and I were prompted to visit the
Blaniches just yesterday. Jo is still in good health.

Kim Eckert, Duluth

Sent from my iPhone