(Posted by Frank Gosiak <fgos...@holdingford.k12.mn.us> via moumn.org)

I rented a pontoon boat on Lake Osakis in search of a recently reported Clarks
Grebe which we
could not positively identify from any shore locations in the past two weeks.
We spent close to
4 hours on the Lake and viewed hundreds of Western Grebes with two that were
probably
hybrid Western/ Clarks. Herb Dingman, Ron Erpelding, Denny and Barb Martin, Dan
Orr, Milt
Blomberg and Randy Fredrickson were on the trip and we all concluded that there
was only the
two hybrids with one being relatively close to a Clarks but not a true bird. We
had a good day
on the lake and a very good birding experience. It was a good learning session
as we all
compared our sightings and used outside sources (Bob Dunlap and Kim Eckert) to
come to our
conclusion. There were also a number of Red Necked Grebes and a good number of
Franklin
Gulls. Afterwords we split up but a number of us went to the Browerville,
Clarissa, And Eagle
Bend sewage ponds and found a good showing of shorebirds.