(Posted by Anthony X. Hertzel <axhert...@gmail.com> via moumn.org)

This year the fair runs from August 26 through September 6. Our booth will be
in the same location as past years at the DNR building. We have to apply to be
selected for the
booth every year and we are grateful for the opportunity to promote MOU, birds
and bird conservation to do many people. It's also a lot of fun talking about
birds with fair-goers of
all ages. We will have the bird quiz wheel and bird hand stamps for kids, NEW
designs of the MOU bird bookmarks, flyers from bird-focused non-profits like
Friends of the Sax Zim
Bog, etc.

As in past years we must fill three four hour shifts for a full day from 9 am
to 9 pm. Each shift is hosted by two amazing MOU volunteers. If you volunteer
for the booth your state
fair ticket is covered by MOU and will be mailed to you before the fair. (Of
course you may prefer to purchase your own tickets and MOU thanks you for that
extra donation.)

This year we are trying something new for signing up since our Google calendar
system hasn't worked all that well for a few years. This year we are using
"sign up genius" and so
far everyone seems to find it straight forward to navigate. As normal, Kate
Kelnberger and I are always available by phone or email if you would like help
signing up for a shift or
have any questions.

The following shifts were still open as of Sunday night, July 18:

Thursday August 265-9 p.m. One opening volunteering with Kate Kelnberger
Friday August 275-9 p.m. One opening volunteering with Steven Houdek
Saturday August 28 9-1 one opening volunteering with Benjamin Fritchman1-5 TWO
openings 5-9 TWO openings
Sunday August 29Everything is OPEN
Monday August 30Everything is FULL
Tuesday August 31Everything is FULL
Wednesday September 1Everything is FULL
Thursday September 25-9 pm one opening volunteering with Shelley Bowman
Friday September 35-9 pm one opening volunteering with Steven Houdek
Saturday September 4Everything is OPEN
Sunday September 5Everything is OPEN
Monday September 69-1 two spots open 1-5 one spot open volunteering with Joann
Pfeiffer 5-9 two spots open

Sign up genius link:
https://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm?go=s.signup&urlid=4090a4aa4a82ea7f85-2021&view=standard

Thanks for supporting MOU-
MOU volunteers Jen Vieth & Kate Kelnberger