The 124th annual Christmas Bird Count is starting on December 14th in some
90 count circles around the state and we need volunteers in the vast
majority of these counts or we will have parts of these circles that will
not be adequately surveyed, or even surveyed at all. If you are new to
birding, lend us your fresh eyes and ears and we will pair you with an
experienced birder, who will welcome and guide you. And, it's free. New, or
not, to the area, you will discover new birding locales.
To find a circle near you go to https://moumn.org/cbc . For most circles
you can find who to contact and when the count will be held. If you live in
one of these circles and would prefer to sit by your window and count the
birds at your feeders, let the person in charge know and he will fill you
in on what to do.
Join us and be part of the 124th year of this Christmas Bird Count.
Questions, let me know.
Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swesto...@gmail.com