Hi,

The following is a link to a somewhat updated version of the Swarovski 8x25
binocs I've had for 8-10 years:

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/us/en/hunting/products/binoculars/cl/cl-pocket/cl-pocket-8x25-ii

They are light, fall easily around the neck, and are surprisingly bright
and crisp for their size. They have become my day-to-day binocs over the
years as I age. I really like them. For context, my other optics are a
Vortex 12x50 and a classic pair of Swift 10x42. I like the higher powers
for waterfowl. I also have a Vortex spotting scope with a 30x - 80x
eyepiece. The Swarovskis are also a handy option when I'm kayaking, and
anytime I have a camera with me. Mine came with a handy, compact pouch that
has a belt loop (which is easy to secure to a belt, having a
velcro closure on the bottom). In a pinch the 8x25s easily fit in the
pocket of most of my outerwear.

Good luck choosing, and enjoy your trip!

Best, Mike Koutnik

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 1:19 PM Miller Johnson <johnson-mil...@msn.com>
wrote:

> Dear birders,
>
> I'm doing a bus tour in Italy next month that will not be for birding, but
> I will have some free time most days. I normally carry my Swarovski 8.5x42
> bins when I travel, but I think they'll just be too heavy for the amount of
> use I expect to get out of them on this trip.
>
> Do you have recommendations for smaller and lighter-weighted binoculars
> for travel? I use my "big" binoculars most days but, as I age, I'll
> probably have more use for a lighter pair long-term anyway. Budget is in
> the $1000 range, but willing to go up if it'll make a big difference.
>
> Thanks for any guidance you can provide. Emailing me directly will help
> keep the clutter off these list-serves, especially as we're going to be
> getting a lot of traffic as spring seems to have sprung!
>
> Molly Jo Miller
> Dakota Co
> ----
> General information and guidelines for posting:
> https://moumn.org/listservice.html

Mike Koutnik
Mobile: 612-963-5551
m.a.kout...@gmail.com