Salutations,

I'm excited to present this field trip to you.  If the magnificent views of the
Mississippi River Valley bluff countryside aren't enough to interest you, some
of my favorite birding I've done in Minnesota has been in this part of the
state.  Of course, no guarantees can be made with birding, but specialty
summering species to this region include: Cerulean, Prothonotary,
Yellow-Throated, Hooded (rare), and Blue-winged Warblers, Louisiana
Waterthrush, Acadian Flycatcher, Ruffed Grouse, Henslow's Sparrow, Carolina
Wren, Tufted Titmouse and perhaps my favorite avian feature in this part of the
state are the boisterous Wood Thrushes and their ethereal song.  Given that
this is early June, it is the start of Summer rarity season and some unexpected
species could be encountered.

At 6AM, we will be starting at Beaver Creek Valley State Park to try for
Louisiana Waterthrush among the many other resident species which nest in this
beautiful park.  We will then caravan from there to Reno Hillside recreation
area, then North along the Mississippi River Valley to multiple excellent
birding sites.

Much more detailed information can be found on the Signup Genius
registration<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A9AC2FA5FFCE9-49086835-southeast#/>,
 including lodging and logistics.  We will want to keep the caravan to as few
vehicles as possible, ideally two vehicles but I can live with three, so
openness to carpooling down there will be very much appreciated.   I am
personally willing to pick up as many as three individuals from the Twin Cities
metro.  Alternatively, if you're coming from outstate, you can leave your
vehicle at my home in Mound and ride down with me Friday night.

Limit of 7 individuals in two vehicles, registration via Signup Genius event
page required:
https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F48A9AC2FA5FFCE9-49086835-southeast#/

I hope you'll consider joining us!  Thank you for reading.

Best,
Trey Weaver
MOU Field Trip Coordinator