On 27/06/2011 18:15, Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:

Now I come to my question. Since the compiler can know that the function Pascal is declarative and without side-effects, why doesn't it do one of these :

- 1. warn about the duplicated call {Pascal N-1}
- 2. actually inline the duplicated call in the generate binary output

I would prefer 1. , to encourage a clean code .

Good question! The answer is simple: the Mozart compiler does not try to be clever. It does a straightforward translation of the source code.

Peter