2011/7/11 Meredith Gregory <lgreg.mered...@gmail.com>

> Dear Gustavo,
>
> Thanks for your quick response! i am interested in building Ozma. i'm also
> interested in building Mozart. i'm also interested in letting you, or
> whoever maintains the MacPorts Mozart port, that it is broken and should be
> fixed.

The preferred way to offer mozart to users is a bundle. In my opinion s the
most useful way for Mac users. However I agree that we can also do something
with mac ports but my knowledge on it is very limited. Any help on this will
be very welcome.

> So, i'll grab your zip file to build Ozma. i would very much like
> instructions for building Mozart.

When you go to the mozart development site you will find them (I just
uploaded them). Let me see if there is something that can be improved. If
you clone the git repository then you will find them in the README file (at
the bottom). By the way I will have to add the changes needed for building
it in i386 if the already described procedure does not work.

https://github.com/mozart/mozart

> Also, if you know who is maintaining the MacPorts Mozart port, i would like
> to pass along the traces and data i have about how that is behaving on my
> machine. MacPorts is one of the best ways to disseminate a package in the
> Mac OS X world. It's actually significant to make that be a seamless and
> positive experience for potential Mozart users.

I do not know who is in charge of that  distribution. If I remember
correctly the macports style comes from FreeBSD so with the appropriate
configure options that we have for the building it should be easy to create
a description that we can submit to macports. I do not know how to do that
but if any member on this list knows about it I will be happy to collaborate
to get this done.

If you have any further comment or suggestion do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Gustavo