Dear Raphael,
thanks for you explanation. But I am still looking for the place in the
language definition where the value of
a pair of sentences is defined to be the value of the last sentence, and
similarly where the value of a "local ... in <s2> end"-sentence
is the value of the <s2>?

Pedagogical tricks wrt. Oz syntax anyone?

Regards,
--- Øystein N.