Hi,

When I sign and envelope something with netscape messenger, it signs the
message, puts it as data content type and then envelopes this data. So the
form is a data content type in an envelopedData content type. I hope I am
clear.

It neither use a signedAndEnvelopedData content type nor a signedData
content type in an EnvelopedData content type.

Therefore, I think, netscape cheks every Data content type in an
envelopedData content type if it is signed or a normal data. Am I right?

If so,

1- Is it ok that a Data Content Type contains a certificate in itself?
2- What is the standard that tells how to put a certificate into a Data
Content Type?

Kerem