Hello,

There are some external files that I want to compile into NSS, they
contain functions that I call from within the SSL module (during the
establishment of the SSL3/TLS handshake).

I tried creating another folder, called tcpa, in
mozilla/security/nss/lib.  I modified the manifest.mn file to include
'tcpa' in the DIRS variable.  Then, I created the Makefile and
manifest.mk files in 'tcpa'.

I didn't use a local 'config.mk' file.
My local 'manifest.mn' file looks like this:

CORE_DEPTH = ../../..

# DEFINES = -DTRACE

LIBRARY_NAME = tcpa
LIBRARY_VERSION = 1

EXPORTS = \
        inttype.h \
        tpm.h \
        keys.h \
        oiaposap.h \
        pcrs.h \
        identity.h \
        integrity.h \
        hmac.h \
        tcpa.h \
        buildbuff.h \
        $(NULL)

MODULE = nss
MAPFILE = $(OBJDIR)/tcpa.def

CSRCS = \
        buildbuff.c \
        hmac.c \
        identity.c \
        integrity.c \
        keys.c \
        oiaposap.c \
        owner.c \
        pcrs.c \
        seal.c \
        signature.c \
        tcpa.c \
        transmit.c \
        $(NULL)

When I tried compiling the whole NSS with 'gmake nss_build_all' in the
mozilla/security/nss directory, I got an error about no existing rule
to make 'tcpa.def'.

What exactly is the .def file and how should I generate one?  I tried
placing an empty one in the 'tcpa' directory, but it didn't work.  If I
comment out the line

MAPFILE = $(OBJDIR)/tcpa.def

It compiles, but then the when the executable is loaded, the loader
says that the references inside ssl3con.o to the functions in the
'tcpa' code are undefined.

Can anybody help me with the correct way for doing this?

Regards,
Peter