Mark--I can't agree with you more.  And I can't possibly tell you how
disappointed I was with my attempt at using Netscape 6.  I sent away for
Netscape's CD rather than download the whole package.  Once installed, I
found Netscape 6 to be:

   * Very slow (although it did tell me it needed a minimum of 233 MHz
     and 64 MB of Ram).
   * My Logitech mouse was no longer able to page...
   * My attempt at doing e-mail off-line failed.  Never did figure out
     where the e-mail went?
   * When I un-installed Netscape 6, I found that it had corrupted
     Windows98 thumbnail view for jpg and gif files.
   * I played with Netscape 6 for about two days and gave up...

So I'm now back running Netscape 4.7 and much happier with it.
Apparently I never reached the point you did; however, I'm also very
disappointed to learn about the Java problem...

Have a nice day, Gary