[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >

> [snip]
>
> >You have three simple options for ejecting a Floppy (even works for the
> >Imation SuperDrive USB Drive and the G3/G4; also works with Zip and Jaz
> Drives).
> >
> >Highlight the image of the floppy disk:
> >Command (Clover Leaf/Apple) Key - E (Eject) or
> >Command - Y (Put away) Or
> >

> Ah, of course!  Even the least computer savvy could have guessed either of
> those!  Come on Mr. Jones.
>
> >Drag image of floppy to Trash.
> >
> >DUHHHH!!!
> >

> Why would I want to delete all the files on my floppy?!?!?!  Clearly putting
> something into a trash can indicates that you want to discard it, right?
> NOPE!  NOT ON THE MAC!  WELL, SOMETIMES IT DOES, OTHER TIMES IT DON'T!

If you double click on the image of floppy disk  it opens to a desktop
file indicating the file contents of the Floppy Disk. If you highlight
either individually or as a Group (Command -A) and drag the files to
trash; you empty the contents of the diskette.

Draging the unopened image of the Diskette to trash unmounts the
Diskette and ejects the Diskette. doing that does not empty the contents
of the diskette.

> >in case a disk gets stuck locate a small paper clip and locate the small
> >hole usually located where the eject button would be on a PC Floppy
> >insert in this hole and push. Pops right out. Duhhh!
> >
> >Right click hasn't been an option on a Mac (One button mouse) never
> >needed it.
>
> Indeed!  With that completely intuitive "Select Disk + Cloverleaf-E or -Y ==
> Eject the floppy", who needs context menus?!!?!
>
> > So your getting PC's, and Mac's commands mixed up. Mac's have always been able
> >to use a two/three button mouse provided the Driver (control panel) was
> >setup for it (provide by Mouse Maker). I find having to use a two or
> >three button mouse confusing.
> >

> I find obscure key combos a tad more confusing than another mouse button, but
> what do I know.  Oh, well, I know that Win9x+ has been rather successful
> while the Mac has not.  Maybe there's a correllation.

If you go back a few years you'll discover the idea for Windows was a
concept stolen from the Macintosh, because Bill Gates feared that the
Mac was catching on too well and cutting into his revenues.

If Apple at the time had as deep Pockets as Microsoft did at the time;
there would not have been Window 3.1, Windows 95, 88 or wharever they
are up to now.

I find that right click on a Windows mouse brings up Help.

There are two methods of calling up help. eith on Desktop, or within an Application.

 clicking on the help menu. or turning on Show Ballons (Ballon help)
turning this feature on when the mouse move over a Command in a menu a
Widow looking something like what you see in newspaper cartoons comes up
explaing what the command is supposed to do.